New Patient Registration
The Practice accepts patients from the area of Edinburgh bounded by George Street to the south, Granton Road to the west, Lochend Road to the east and Lindsay Road to the north.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT NEW PATIENT REGISTRATIONS BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 11.00am and 4.00pm ON TUESDAYS, WEDNESDAYS AND THURSDAYS
In order to register, you will need to provide certain documents to prove your identity. Although the exact requirements may vary slightly depending on individual situations, the following is a guide to what you should bring with you when you come to register:
If you have previously been registered with a GP in the UK:
- Previous NHS card (ideal, but not essential if you are unable to find it).
- Proof of your current address (utility bill, council tax, lease agreement, bank statement- all dated within the last 3 months). Mobile phone and credit card bills cannot be accepted.
- Photographic ID in form of passport or driving licence.
- If no photographic ID is available we can accept a birth certificate and NHS card as proof of ID.
If you have not previously been registered with a GP in the UK:
- Proof of your current address (as above).
- Passport/National Identification Card.
- EHIC (European Health Insurance Card), if you usually reside in a country that is within the European Economic Area (EEA). If you cannot provide this, see below.
- If you usually reside in a country that is outside the EEA (or if you are unable to produce your EHIC) we will require proof of employment (payslip, contract, letter from employer) or proof of study (acceptance letter into education or letter from university/college etc).
- If you are living in the UK on a spouse visa, your spouse must be registered here and proof of marriage needs to be provided.
Although it is not essential, new patients may book in with the Practice Nurse for a brief check-up at registration.
Patients who are taking repeat medications should make arrangements to see a GP for review before requesting prescriptions.